Saturday, January 29, 2011

What I Did at the Guild Workshop Today

One of our guild members is transitioning into making beaded jewelry, and he taught a beading class at our winter workshop day. We set a cabochon onto a backing, held in place with peyote stitched beads. (and yes, I need a camera with a macro lens to take proper photos of work this small).


This is an in-progress project. I plan to put a backing on it and add some fringe at the bottom and it will either be a pendant or a pin - I haven't decided yet. This was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. I haven't done any beading in at least a decade, but I guess the fingers remember.

I am also diligently working on quilts for the spring shows, and I will hopefully have something to post here by the end of this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment