Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Third Baby Quilt Done

This is also a donation quilt, but for my daughter's High School parent group's Tricky Tray (a "raffle auction" to those of you who don't live in New Jersey and have never heard that phrase before). It's basically a really cute kids' panel with some pieced borders:


A close-up of the center panel:

As you may or may not see, I quilted around all the animals and the leaves (and toys and larger shapes) and did some "texture" quilting in the other areas. I quilted a meander in the border. The binding is satin  blanket binding (which I like to use in baby quilts because one of my earliest memories was of a satin blanket binding on my face - I loved the way that felt). I used that cute animal print on the back that I used on the cat quilt.

In other news, I started working on a commissioned bargello messenger bag (I'm taking pictures along the way to document the process for a future pattern), and I have costumes to build for Arsenic & Old Lace (my daughter's High School  production, but on the Main Stage at Kean University), which opens in less than 3 weeks! And finally, a local Realtor is thinking about buying gift certificates from me to give as closing gifts. So I'll hopefully be making wall hangings for people (but more likely placemats or table runners).

No comments:

Post a Comment