Sunday, January 15, 2012

Something Useful

It wasn't terribly easy to part with my mug rug at the swap last Monday, but I was consoled by the fact that I had to cut through a stack of 5 squares of fabric to make the one block. This meant that I had enough fabric to make 4 additional blocks that are nearly identical (but with the fabrics swapped in each piece).

I also needed something to carry my Wacom Intuous 4 drawing tablet back and forth to the office, so I decided to design and make a carry bag for it.  I used some of the Pellon fusible fleece that I see used for a lot of purse projects (that I procured at the last quilt show I attended). It's a whole lot floppier than the ultra stiff heavy duty Pellon that I've been using for various things, but it seems to make a nice bag.

The bag is still missing some Velcro closures,  because the Velcro is hiding in my sewing room, somewhere.
The "front," sporting 2 of the leftover blocks from the mug rug.



The back, with accordion pocket for  tablet accessories: USB cable, pen, pen stand.


 Pocket, opened.

The bag, open, so you can see the great batik lining fabric, and a the tablet peeking out.



No comments:

Post a Comment