Thursday, April 28, 2011

An Artistic Interlude

Haven't done much quilting in the past week or so - waiting for my last entry in the show to come back from the long-armer, and starting to build a Steampunk costume. I got the pants done in time for Costume Con this weekend (which I am attending), but it really needs a blouse and a jacket (and a hat and proper shoes) before I'll be happy satisfied with it. The pants are from  Folkwear's Big Sky Riding Skirt. I'll blog about that in the future, after I have some photos to show you.

In the meantime, I've been sketching. I have been rather obsessed with octopi for some reason. I did this one during a meeting the other day




And then when I got home that night, I dug out my vellum marker paper and freehand sketched this one with a fine-point sharpie. I may render this as a vector graphic.



I'll need to scan this in instead of photographing it with my crappy camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment